Friday, July 12, 2013

Cooper.

 
This dog is loved and adored and spoiled.
And before getting him two years ago, I never thought--never dreamed--that I would or could love a pet as much as I love my pooch.  He was 9 years old when we got him, and I had no idea what I was getting into.  But it turns out, it was an addition to our family that was SUCH a blessing.  He is my shadow, my wingman, my pal.  We understand one another and move along this world at the same speed, for the most part.  He knows when I get my shoes that I'm getting ready to go somewhere.  He loves a van ride.  He recognizes the people at the bank, and knows which ones send him a doggie treat through the drive thru window.  He gets anxious when he has to be groomed, but is fine when Jami gives him a bath.  He sleeps a lot.  I guess I would if I were old, too.  He has a ticklish spot and acts like a puppy if you scratch his behind or his belly.  He doesn't like people to hold him, or when people touch his paws, but never acts out.  He rarely barks, unless someone is ignoring his need to go outside. He loves sitting next to me, wherever I am, and always stays close to my feet.  He is sweet and warm and once in a while, will look up at me and lick my hand or face, just to give me a smooch.  He is a joy and a blessing to our family.   He is all this and so much more...
 
I hope you have a pet that you feel strongly about.  I know I'm not alone in my obsession with my dog, but how often do you write it down?  Do you scrapbook your pet(s)?  I intend to do that soon.  I may just print this out and put it on a page, who knows...
 
Enjoy your day!

No comments: