Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Painting.

One of the main projects in my house that has been going on for a little over a month is painting.  Like, the whole first floor kinda painting.  I started off with the laundry room.  I thought it was a good place to start.  Get my confidence up so I would be propelled into the rest of the house...
The above shows the butter color before.  The whole house was painted this color for 10 years.  Don't get me wrong--I loved it.  It was just time for change.
 
So I painted it Tidewater Blue from Sherman Williams.  And I LOVE IT.  Love that it is fresh and pretty and happy.  I mean, if you gotta do laundry, you might as well like where you're doing it, right??
 The hole in the ceiling is a laundry shoot.  Maybe the single most favorite thing in my house.  We don't do hampers.  Kids drop all their dirty clothes down the shoot (located in the master closet) every morning and every evening. Ideally, of course.  It works for us.  XL pins are from Ballard Designs.  I've since added a shelf from Ikea and changed out the basket liners to green.  Tis the season for home improvement projects!! 

Enjoy your day!!

1 comment:

LisaNRoxy said...

So glad you are back! I enjoy waking up to your posts! Love the new color - the laundry room looks great!