Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Amish Friendship Bread

I've been making this bread for years now. Whenever a friend gets a "starter"--I jump at the chance to bake it...
Amish Friendship Bread.  Have you heard of it?  The bread that "takes 10 days to make."  SO worth the effort.  It freezes well, and you can make a ton of different types of bread, depending on what you add to it.  My freezer is stocked with about a dozen loaves of it right now...

I found a much better pic on Pinterest, so I thought I'd share it...
You can find the printable 10-day directions here.
And you can get the starter recipe here.
Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

About 13 years ago, my neighbor and I made some. Wow... brings back some memories.

Cammy said...

Haven't made this in forever, now I'm going to have to look up the recipes you posted.