Monday, January 23, 2012

Snow Day Craft

I had the pleasure of helping out in my son's kindergarten class last week. We worked on a fun craft project that I wanted to share today. Perfect for those of you out there with snow days, or who simply like to dig in and get messy with your kiddos...
The fun ingredients?  Elmer's Glue and shaving cream!  Mix together two parts shaving cream to one part glue in an extra large bowl.  The shaving cream will not dissolve--it actually keeps its form and dries somewhat hard.  So cool!
Here is Miss Morris, showing us how to do it...
And here is a finished product.  She had cut out pieces parts (hats, noses, arms, and eyes) in baskets, ready to go so the children just had to stick them into the foam.  Their favorite part?  Picking out buttons for their own snowman!
I hope you give it a shot with your little one!  Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

pickmepam said...

this is so cool! who would have thought what you can do with shaving cream/glue?

Melanie said...

What a fun project! My kids would totally dig this. Thanks for sharing the idea :)

Ellen said...

What a great idea. I learn something new every single day. I will be a hit with my grandkids when I show them this. Thanks.