Thursday, May 26, 2011

confessions of a busy-rather-be-scrappin'-mama

Well, I guess that confession is only obvious. The confession goes much deeper than the obvious need to wanna scrap more than I get to.
The confession is that I very often cheat.
That's right, I said cheat. And I am here to come clean today.

The most recent deviance started last fall, after the birth of the most recent Pate.
As seen here he is all of four days and sweet and precious and adorable...

project one
That was innocent enough. Until I had the big idea of flipping that layout and making a new one...
project two
It gets worse...with the Day10 layout, I practically used all the same papers and embellishments. Aren't you just shocked!

project three
Notice above the similarity to project one and two. The main canvas this time is 12x12. But the general placement is turned a quarter turn on it's side, and it becomes it's very own layout. But it is nothing original. I even measured the pattern papers I used in project 1 and 2 and used the same proportions here in project 3. Now that's just plain cheating!

project four
Project four is a very simplified version of one and two. Can you see the similarities? This time using only two patterned backgrounds, yet it is 8 1/2 x 11, and the page is cut in half visually with the placement of the paper. I'm a clever cheater, aren't I?

project five
Again, using the format found in projects one and two, project five uses an 11 x 8 1/2 orientation, and only three pattern papers, instead of the four. Tags, as you can tell by now, made a strong showing in each of these projects. Not only are these layouts a variation on a theme, they also all use either a 4x6 or 6x4 photo. That's keeping things cheatingly easy too!

project six
Ah! The last one I will reveal to you. Hopefully you recognize this from last months WIP kit. And hopefully you see a pattern forming too. This is the most shameless cheat of all, because I used only one background patterned paper, and then matted the photo. I'm so tricky.

Now I don't have every month of the little mr. highlighted yet, but I bet you can guess what sketch I will use.

The moral of the story is:
lift yourself.
turn your sketches around.
keep the embellishments the same.
do what you love over and over again.

And most of all, enjoy the process.

wip siggy

3 comments:

justem said...

Love this post and the "evolution" of both your layouts AND your cute little guy! :)

Trish said...

I could eat him with a spoon! Love your sweet layouts, Jamie. Lifted and all--from the heart and perfect in every way!

Unknown said...

omg he's so cute.. i love this idea for a mini book.. since i am having a baby girl in sept this is perfect.. maybe for the first days of her life.. i love all these ideas.. thanks.