Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weekend Project

A while back I found myself very inspired by this::


So I took some of this...
black foam core

as well as some of this...
elmer's tack removable adhesive putty

and came up with this::



My version:
black foam core cut in 13x13 inch squares.
attached to the wall with 3M removable adhesive.

Now I have a gallery on my studio wall for current or favorite paper projects.
The 12x12 layouts seen here are attached with the Elmer's removable putty.
A very doable weekend project.
A very affordable project.
A very fun way to keep your work out in a gallery-esque fashion.

wip siggy

10 comments:

MichelleB said...

A very cool weekend project! I love this idea!

Trish said...

WOW--I LOVE this, Jamie! I'm going to spend my weekend looking for space on my walls to lift this very idea...tfs!

Debbi Tehrani said...

OMGoodness, Jamie! This is just the coolest idea! Love it!

Angi Barrs said...

Wowza...fab project. Love it. :)

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Such a great idea!!! I love that it can be changed or taken down so easily. Thanks for sharing with us!!

Aubree said...

Jamie, this is a fantastic idea!! I have been toying with hanging picture wire to showcase layouts in my scrap room...your idea is SO much better. I will definitely be trying this out!!

Krista Nash said...

This is amazing!!!! I think on my trip to Lowes today I'll be looking for some of that Elmer's Putty. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Love that you are displaying your pages. Sometimes I hate putting mine away so soon. :-)

BabyBokChoy said...

Just yesterday Christine Middlecamp and I were talking about people who can do this and make it look cohesive, and voila there you have gone and done it! fantastic!

jeannie said...

do you remember where you got your inspiration photo from? i remember that she had a template you could download to make the 5x5 photo. i can't seem to remember.