Friday, November 26, 2010

Chocolate filled cookie cutters

I saw this in a holiday magazine, and I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner!!

Seriously, how easy can you get! I got all these cookie cutters on clearance last year (they looked pretty in a jar for decor)--and this year I'm repurposing them. Simply line a cookie sheet with waxed paper, and pour your melted chocolate into the bottom of the cookie cutter. Now, a few tips on this:
*Don't burn or scald your chocolate--that tastes and smells awful. Go slowly, stir it a lot, and be patient. NEVER add water or food coloring--chocolate is oil based.
*You can't see it in this photo, but I layered the bottom of the cookie cutters with milk chocolate, stuck the whole tray into the frig to set, and then came back and did the layer of white chocolate. THEN I added the peppermint bark (found at any candy or cake supply store this time of year.) Put it back into the frig, and in about 30 minutes, they're ready to package!
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is brilliant! What a wonderful gift idea :)

Anonymous said...

Such a fun idea. Question, though, couldn't you pop the chocolate out and give it without the cookie cutter?

Anonymous said...

Michaels has a whole set with cookie cutter and melts - but they pop out the chocolates when solid. Great gift idea - package in a clear celophane bag and beautiful ribbon!!!

Trish said...

I've used the Michael's cookie cutters and have never once had the chocolate pop out of them. They are really pretty packaged--I'll have to photograph them that way!