Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer Is Here...

Summer has arrived as far as I'm concerned. This past Monday we experienced a record high of 94 degrees for May 24, beating the last record by seven degrees.

Summer has arrived because yesterday I walked by my kitchen counter and saw this little pile of vegetable that my mother had prepared for supper.  I was captured by their bright and vivid colors.  Don't they look good? 

Just a day or so ago, they were still in my garden, growing... Now they are ready for the wok!  Only in the summer, do we get such garden fresh vegetables that my family grows...  I can't wait for more! 
And who can resist this amazingly delicious and all-around healthy vegetable: baby bok choy? :) Can somebody say "namesake?" :)

4 comments:

jamie said...

fun post.
i was just admiring our slowly growing garden this morning. our's is not as nearly grown as your's...but soon...and it is such a great aspect of summer.

Michelle Krassan said...

I thought they were radishes? lol!

Trish said...

Those look DELISH!! I'm growing a few veggies this season, but mostly flowers...thanks for the inspo!

Julie said...

girl i want some of that fresh bc!!!