Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mineral Oil

This POTD was one of my projects from last week. Let me sing the praises of mineral oil!! This teak wood bench was a gift from my mom years ago, and while I love how it has weathered with time, I don't like that faded look (even from teak). So with a dry cloth, I gave it a good rubbing of mineral oil, and it looks new!! Careful to let it dry at least 24 hours--and be sure to wipe it with a dry cloth the next day to be sure there is no leftover residue, and enjoy!!

How are you all doing with your Project Life/Project 365/POTD's?? We're almost half way through the year...can you believe???

3 comments:

borcherding said...

Oh Trish, I have a bench on my front porch that is in dire need of some mineral oil love...thanks for that tip!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

OMGosh! That's amazing!

Valerie said...

I love mineral oil! As a side note, it works great on butcher block counter tops as well! ;)