Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Since we're talking about food...

I might as well share a yummy recipe I have for banana bread. I don't know about you - but I love me some bananas - and nothing makes me happier in the Fall than to eat a slice of banana bread added with some butter (of course)!


I actually found this recipe last Fall over at all recipes - when I actually decide to cook - that is my go to site. I could just link you up to the actual recipe and call it good - but don't you love pictures to go with the directions? Yeah - me too!


So here ya go:


INGREDIENTS:


2 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 eggs, beaten

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas (or as many as you want)

1/2 cup of buttah!!


*for a bit more flavor I added some cinnamon (a pinch?), and vanilla (umm to taste?) and of course you could add nuts - that would be really yummy!






And although I love me some bananas - they were entirely too ugly to photograph - the dry ingredients were much better - LOL!


DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan


2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pout batter into prepared pan.


3. Bake in preheated over for 60-65 (mine took less)minutes/or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cook in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack (or just leave it in the pan like me - heee)






As you can see -- I couldn't wait and had to take a slice for myself right away! I hope you like it and give it a try!



*******************************************************************


And a real quick tip for those of you that haven't visited the pumpkin patch yet. Being a scrapbooker I have always tried to dress my daughter accordingly. I used to do the orange because we were at the patch, etc. But then I was blog hopping and I happened upon a blog that had photos from their patch trip. They were beautiful - and what really struck me was that they were not wearing orange! So since then I have made an effort to get clothes that pop and "go" rather than "match"


She pops a bit more right? Give it a try ---> oh and some other colors that would look nice are green and blue:)

Enjoy and have a great week!

Michelle

2 comments:

Laina Lamb said...

Love the tip on the colors! I'm going to try this too!

Trish said...

That bread looks DELISH!! I'm feeling the need to bake soon...