Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm no fool.

This man--my husband, Chris--is a wonderful man. I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it over and over again...he's a saint to have married me. On days like these, I need to go public and just say that up front. :)

See, I spent the better portion of the last 4 days setting up my April Fool's Prank for him. He's turning 40 in a few weeks, and is completely paranoid about a surprise party. Of course, I couldn't let that go to waste--oh no way...

I took the liberty of creating 38 different mock Surprise 40th Birthday invitations just for him. Each one includes an embarrassing photo of him and hilarious details about an outrageous blowout in his honor--and I have arranged for him to get them throughout the whole day. One by one, he'll open them and read all about another possible party thrown in his honor. Is it made up--or is it real??? It will drive him insane. The perfect way to start off the celebration of his birthday month, right??

Why 38 invitations? I numbered them all, and told him there were 40 and I thought it would drive him over the edge, looking for the two that are "lost."

And you know what? One of the invitations is actually real. He has no idea.

And I can't stop laughing. I've giggled more about this in the last week than you can imagine. I've enlisted the ideas and help from friends and family, our kids and our parents--you name it. It will go down in our history as the best prank I've ever pulled off. Feather in my cap today--thank you very much.

It should be noted, this is divine payback. I turned 40 last year, and I had my turn. I think this feels so good because I normally stink at this kinda thing and this time...this ONE TIME...I am going to bask in the glory of pulling something off.

Thanks for letting me spill it here. And honey, if you read this, you can stop looking for the other 2 now. I love you to pieces...
Happy April Fool's Day everyone!!!

14 comments:

Amy C said...

There is nothing better than a good "hose"--especially when family is involved. Kudos to you; I know you'll be laughing about this for years! Yep--this kind of thing is why we love you!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Trish I'm still laughing about this! I don't know how your mind works, but I love it! paybacks baby!

pickmepam said...

you really can be wicked!
this is great!
will was upset this morning b/c he couldn't think of any "jokes". i gave him some ideas, but he poo-pooed them all. oh well. i tried.

Valerie said...

This is twisted....and I like it! Leave it up to you to come up with such a prank! Kudos!

Sarah Coggins said...

LOL What a great idea!

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

OMG!!! This is BRILLIANT!!! I love it! Oh my, what a great way to kick off his birthday celebration... my hubby turns 40 next year... perhaps, I should steal this idea...LOL! HUGS!!!

Sandy said...

That is Hysterical, Trish!! Love it!!

Mary - said...

this is so wicked and so funny - i love this. i have been trying all day to come up with the best prank for my hubby and i've got nadda - but this is so great!! happy fools day trish!! :) m-

Damaris said...

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

PAY BACK.......sigh...it is sweet.
LOL
HUGS,
ME

borcherding said...

OMG! Trish, I am sitting here giggling with you!! What a hilarious idea - one of the invites is REAL!! hee hee!! I shouldn't laugh too much because I turn 40 this summer but I really don't think my husband has the brains or willpower to pull off something that would surprise me!!

Jewel said...

Wow - I am impressed with your evil plan! That took a lot of thought and planning. Please post about your hubby's reaction.

Jana Eubank said...

Oh, my gosh, Trish! That is hilarious!!!! That would so be something my husband would KILL me for! Hehehehe! I can't wait to hear about his reaction! :)

Trish said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments you guys!! He called me around 10am when he started to figure out what was going on--and I have to say he's been a good sport so far. :) I thought he was going to be more irritated--but his comment to me was, "How long did this take you? You must really love me." I think this has been more work than his actual party--LOL!!

Candace H said...

What a terrific idea! You are creative in so many ways, Trish! Hope Chris enjoyed getting the rest of them (is he still looking for the other 2, lol?)