Sunday, August 24, 2008

Two new favorites...

Last week at the Photography workshop, my dear friend Kris brought these two recipes, and I had to photograph them so I could share with you all. She happens to be the kinda gal that likes cooking as much as I like scrapbooking...
CREAM-FILLED CUPCAKES with GANACHE FROSTING
1 pkg. devil’s food chocolate cake mix (Duncan Hines)
2 tsp. hot water
¼ tsp. salt
1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow crème
½ c. shortening
1/3 c. confectioners’ sugar
½ tsp. vanilla
GANACHE FROSTING:
1 c. (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
¾ c. heavy whipping cream
Bake cupcakes to package directions, using muffin paper-lined cups. For filling, in small bowl, combine water and salt until dissolved. Cool.
In a small mixing bowl, beat the marshmallow crème, shortening, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla on high heat until light and fl uffy; add the salt mixture.
Insert a small pastry tip and fill with cream filling through the top of each cooled cupcake.
In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream. Cool. Dip cupcake tops into frosting; chill for 20 minutes or until set. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 2 dozen
TACO SALAD
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 bottle Catalina salad dressing
1 pkg. cheese flavor Doritos
1 head lettuce, shredded
2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
Brown the meat; drain. Add taco seasoning. Mix together all ingredients.
Give them a try!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love when you add recipes and these look great! thanks for sharing!! lisa k in tx

Valerie said...

Ok....yum. And as much as I love you, Kris may have to be my new best friend. :)

Val

Anonymous said...

Great recipes!! I may make them both for my nephew's birthday party in a couple weeks. Thanks for sharing!