Monday, June 9, 2008

And another one...

This is the Father's Day book I did for my dh in 2006. I got the concept from Ali Edwards, who posted on her blog about using chipboard as pages in an album. I immediately thought of this little D-Ring binder that didn't have page protectors inside, and was sitting at my lss forever, so I snagged it...I used chipboard for all the pages in this book. I also used very little patterned paper, along with some 7Gypsies office type embellishments. It went together quickly.
The first and the last pages are the only full pages in the book. As you turn the pages, each page gets 1" smaller width wise...
Some pages are full photos. I sanded the edges to make it look more worn.


This is the middle of the book, and here you can see that the pages are graduated...




So go grab some chipboard, black ink and a few pieces of paper along with some office supplies, and get to work!!

Loved your emails on how a couple of you are lifting the books exactly--so I was sure to include all the pages today too. Thanks for the kind words!!

And yes, there will be sneaks soon, I promise!

10 comments:

AnilĂș Magloire said...

He's a lucky guy! I love it and the pics are all so sweet :)

borcherding said...

Good lord that is GORGEOUS! I really, really love the look of all that chipboard! AWESOME!!

pickmepam said...

love the fact that it was made with chipboard. clever girl!

Jana Eubank said...

How sweet! I LOVE this book! Chipboard . . . brilliant! Projects like these always make me realize that I need to get more pictures of us with our kids. Thanks for the reminder! ;)

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

What a great idea! Love it and love that you used chipboard :-)What a lucky guy you have there... this is really something special! Hugs!

Laina Lamb said...

love love love this book. simple and cool.

Molly said...

That is one gorgeous album!

Heather said...

I just love this!!! I am going to have to be on the lookout some chipboard sheets now! What a great album!

jamie said...

thank you for sharing your book. if i would have remembered it was father's day on sunday(argh!) i would have probably wanted to have lifted this. i love what you did.

Trish said...

That is a great album!