Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Yummy Treat.

My Grandma used to make these cookies. On Thanksgiving day, she would've turned 95 years old. Thought I'd share the recipe with you...

(And to be clear, they are not gingersnap cookies. These are soft, moist, melt in your mouth molasses cookies. Gingersnaps are harder. She would've liked for me to pass that on.)

Grandma's Molasses Cookies

2/3 cup oil 2 tsp. baking soda

1 C. sugar 1/2½ tsp. salt

1 egg 1 tsp. cinnamon

4 Tbsp. Molasses 1 tsp. Ginger

2 1/2½ C. flour 1/4 C. sugar (for dipping)

Mix oil & sugar. Add egg and beat well. Stir in molasses. Sift dry ingredients and add to mixture. Roll into small balls and roll in sugar. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-12 min.

Happy Tuesday to you!


5 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

Those look delicious! I'm going to have to give them a try!

AnilĂș Magloire said...

They look delish! I will definitely try them!!
Thanks for sharing this with us :)

Anonymous said...

hi trish,
here in south louisiana, we just finished making those very same cookies. don't know where the girls got the recipe as nobody in my family baked before the girls (now 12 and 13)

Valerie said...

I can testify. These may quite possibly be the best cookie....ever!

Gina said...

Oh, those look awesome, Trish. Just looking at the ingredients, I'm thinking they might be similar to my grandma's cookies. Yours have ginger, which will be an awesome addition! I'm definitely going to give these a whirl!