Thursday, September 6, 2007

Supply Focus:Paint!!!!













I thought it would be fun to focus on a scrap supply every month and tell you my favorite things to do with that supply. In return, please share your favorite ideas with us!!! Sound like a plan?

This month, I'd like to focus one of my favorite supplies right now...PAINT! I love paint. There is something therapeutic about painting on my layouts for me. Maybe it's childhood memories...who knows!!! I just adore to get them out and play.

So, here are my favorite things to do with paint and some examples to go along:

1. Paint the borders of my layout for added interest
2. Paint the borders of my photos to help them pop! (see "Perfect 10" above)
3. Use a dry-brush to add paint touches into the background of my layout...for depth (see "You & Me" above)
4. Paint a journaling block (this works especially great on patterned paper!)
5. Create unique backgrounds for your titles (see "I'm Gonna Soak Up The Sun" above)

I hope this inspires you to pull out your paints and play!!! Oh, and don't forget to share your favorite paint tip with us!

6 comments:

Ady said...

Great layouts. Thanks for the input.

Anonymous said...

Great layouts Nicole!! I'll have to get some paint and use it on those flowers from the Sept kit! Thanks for the inspiration!

AnilĂș Magloire said...

This is such a cool boost for our creativity, Nicole!! I never know just what to do with my paints.
This gives me great ideas.
Love the pages you used to illustrate!

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Good stuff! Paint really gets me going, too! Love your layouts.

Anonymous said...

Great layouts! They got me motivated to pull out some paint!

Celebrate Today said...

Love the blog, ladies, and thanks for the great ideas! Keep 'em coming! :)