Sunday, September 16, 2007

Something fun to try...

Truth be told, I love to try new things. This month, I tried a new technique (OK, new to me!)
that I wanted to share with you. I used corrugated cardboard to create a simple, but great background for my layout. Piece of cake!!!

Here's what you do: Take a piece of corrugated cardboard (I used a 12x12 piece) and tear off the top coat of cardboard on one side to expose the texture. Use paint (we all know how much I love paint after my last post, right?) and brush along the exposed texture. I painted "sections" of my cardboard so that the effect would be subtle and not too solid. "Stamp" your cardstock with your painted cardboard and voila!!!

Here's my finished layout using the yummy October kit. What do you think?


I hope you'll give it a try...it really was super-easy and fun to do!!!

4 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Nicole that is awesome! I didn't know how you did that, but now I know I have to try it!

AnilĂș Magloire said...

I am gonna try that right now. I got some corrugated cardboard from M's and this looks great!!

Ady said...

love the technique. thanks for sharing...

Molly said...

Ok, that is just way too cool! I have to try it! :D